April 1, 2008

IV Volper Web Site

Filed under: General — Dan Volper @ 8:41 pm

Working on another project – I have about a hundred color slides of my dad’s paintings. What the titles of them, when they were painted and where they presently are were never catalouged.  I am currently scanning them and putting them in a web album.  You can view the ones I have done so far by going to this link:  http://picasaweb.google.com/danvolper/PaintingsByIVVolper

israel-volper.jpg

The link below is a very short biography of my father.

I am putting together some information on my father so those who are interested in his paintings will know a little more about him.

9 Comments »

1. Good job with the Web Page about IV!

Comment by Elise — April 9, 2008 @ 10:51 pm

2. I found you. Thanks for the directions. I have been into “computer” for a year — started at 0 & now I’m a 1! I like what you have done here. Eventually I may create a site, but first I’ve much more to learn. Once again, GOOD JOB!! Will visit again!!
    Take care of yourself.
    lilliede

Comment by Elizabeth De Jongh — July 31, 2008 @ 2:05 pm

3. My ancestors also came from Konstantinov, Ukraine. Do you have any information on life in that town circa late 19th-early 20th centuries? Many thanks.

Comment by Evan — September 15, 2008 @ 7:48 pm

4. Hello,
    I noticed the postings of the Israel Volper Paintings. Did he paint with oil or water colors or both? I have two painting signed Volper but they look like water colors and/or acrlic on board/panel. I cannot find much about Israel Volpers paintings. Any information about Volper art would be helpful. Thanks Cortland

Comment by Cortland — December 16, 2008 @ 2:05 pm

5. What amazing works of art… A fantastic project!

Comment by Lisa — January 20, 2009 @ 7:10 am

6. Great post! Just wanted to let you know you have a new subscriber- me!

Comment by KrisBelucci — June 1, 2009 @ 10:29 pm

7. I have discovered a Volper oil in a portfolio given to me by my Mother. It is a landscape of the Lorain Ave bridge and the Valley path. It signed and dated in 49. I would be intrested in selling it to the right collecter. mikegallagher262@yahoo.com

Comment by Mike Gallagher — June 16, 2011 @ 6:17 am

8. Found to Volper on board items today at Goodwill – signature is Volper with the “l” being elongated and then the numbers 63 below. This is on the LR of the picture. I think it probably is Ivy Volper’s work but can’t find a signature for Israel’s work. Do you have any idea? Thanks

Comment by ruth — July 14, 2012 @ 12:27 am

9. Mr. Volper,
    Hello. My name is Brad Brubeck and I am the grandson of Elmer Brubeck, the artist from Cleveland. Elmer and your father were friends and fellow members of the Kokoon Arts Club. I have put together a Facebook page in my grandfather’s honor. I also created a Facebook page dedicated to the Kokoon Arts Club. I was hoping to get a picture of Israel Volper to include in this page. Would you happen to have one that you could email me for this?

I also have one piece of art done by your father. I need to take a picture of it to include in my collection of Kokoon artists art.I look forward to hearing back from you.
    Regards,